All the content in the blog is available free of charge and can be found in the menu to the left.
Please feel free to scroll down in order to become acquainted with all the content which might possibly be of interest or of service to you

02/03/2018

My Retirement Post

Today, March 2nd 2018, marks seven years since my brother was killed, and the day in which I retire from dealing with Digital Death matters. 

I no longer have the time dealing with it needs: my father is ill (Dementia) and I've been increasingly dealing with family matters to the point where I don't have time for anything else. 

I no longer have the energies and emotional strength dealing with it requires: having an elderly parent who is an ill, geriatric patient who requires full nursing care is sad and emotionally draining.  

So I've reached the point where I can't do this any more. 

I hope what I've already done in this field during the past seven years will be enough to make a difference. 









If you're looking for another Israeli Digital Death researcher to interview, I recommend getting in touch with Paula Kiel



Paula is a PhD candidate in the department of Media and Communications at the London School of Economics and Political Science. 
In her research project she is studying services dedicated to different forms of end-of-life planning online, enabling managing one’s presence online after their death. Her paper “The Emerging Practices of the Collective Afterlife: Multimodal Analysis of Websites for Post-mortem Digital Interaction” received the Best Student Paper award from the Association of Internet Researchers for 2016. 
You can learn more about Paula’s project in this TEDx Talk she gave recently: "Keeping Communications Alive When You're Dead". 
More information and contact details can be found either on her website or Facebook Page


I will remain on the board of the Digital Legacy Association, however I don't know if and when I'll be able to contribute to it, unfortunately. 

As for you: 
  1. Please back up. Everything which might be dear to you or to your loved ones - back it up. 
  2. Please DON'T report people to Facebook as deceased. 
  3. Please think about your digital legacy, decide what you wish to happen with it - or not to happen with it after your death, and then, PLEASE do something about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.